Our mission is to create a generation of talented, educated scholars, who understand the Islamic way of life from its most authentic sources in accordance with the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Holy Ahlulbayt, so that they may benefit the local community and enrich the wider society.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide each of our students an opportunity to appreciate and recite the Holy Quran in the correct manner.
- To teach the basic and necessary Islamic injunctions according to the Shia Athna Asheri Faith.(Jaffery Faith).
- To equip the students with the knowledge of the history of Islam, from authentic resources.
- To prepare our students to acquire good morals to live as Muslims, participating proudly and fully with every aspect of modern life, taking guidance from the Holy Quran and the Ahlul Bayt.
- To promote the dignity of each young person through self-respect, respect for peers and through the development of personal responsibility to become valued members of society.
- Ensure all students are treated fairly and equally.
- To make students aware of their abilities and give them the support and strength they need to achieve further
- To work closely with parents in supporting their children through this spiritual journey to ensure their child attains the highest standards.
- To establish a caring and secure environment that facilitates excellence in Islamic education with values of discipline and respect.
- To provide a joyous Islamic atmosphere, to ensure students enjoy their study at the Madrasah and develop a love of learning and a strong desire to continue their education as a lifelong experience.
The Husaini Madrasah has been running for over 40 years , after exodus of Ugandan Asians , several members of the Khoja Shia community settled in Peterborough.
more information about the history to follow.
With the growth of the community and with our new Alqaaem expansion project completing in 2020, the Husaini Madrasah is looking forward to some exiting times ahead
- Moving into the new centre with new modern classrooms.
- Implementing the Tarbiya curriculum fully.
- Introducing Technology in the classrooms.
- Despite the new centre completing very soon, space remains the biggest issue we face.
- Teacher commitment and motivation.