- To provide a forum raising awareness and promoting the understanding of the Holy Qur’an and Ahlul Bayt (as).
- To work towards continuous improvement of Islamic education, self-awareness and cooperation among the community as a whole.
- To secure a sense of identity among the children and youth, promote academic excellence, develop leadership skills that they may be productive and contributory members of the society at large.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide formal instruction on matters of belief, law, history, manners/ethics, and Qur’an
- Provide an enjoyable, comfortable and interactive learning environment
- Help students make informed choices consistent with the teachings of the Qur’an and Ahlul Bayt (as)
The madressa was founded in 2008 and has been operating since. Our children are from various ethnic backgrounds.
- Curriculum coordinator
- Extend outreach activities so that 95% of the children in the community attend madressa.
- Eliminate barriers such as fees, rides, etc.
- Develop teacher capacity
- Rides are the biggest challenge, a lot of children are not able to attend due this barrier.
- Fees can be problem for some, even though we can waive or develop a payment plan. Some families are not comfortable talking about this.
- Recently the rent for the premises went up to $6000 from $50 due to some cuts in the school division.