The mission of R.I.S.E. Academy is to promote the holistic development of the child through an authentic and experiential student learning experience. This is accomplished by educating the child in the formation of faith, family and community. R.I.S.E. Academy students learn to become responsible and productive members of the society through a faith-based education promoting tolerance, peace and justice.
R.I.S.E. Academy strives for the development of the whole child by providing excellence in academic preparation in a faith-based environment. It is our vision to guide and nurture students to become role models who will exhibit high levels of God-consciousness, professional excellence and civic leadership by serving society at large.
We, at R.I.S.E. Academy, believe that:
- A safe and comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Faith, knowledge and good deeds are the keys to our children’s success.
- The Holy Household school of thought is the basis for our beliefs and practices.
- Cultural diversity increase students understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Islamic environment helps students face the challenges they may face in their lives.
- Every student is unique in physical, spiritual, social, intellectual, and emotional needs and attributes.
- Students learn to make appropriate decisions if given a balanced supportive and challenging environment.
- Staff, parents, and community are role models and share the responsibility for advancing R.I.S.E. Academy mission.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Students learn the desire to acquire knowledge as well as developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The commitment to continuous improvement enables students to become confident life long learners.
Aims and Objectives
- Students will SEEK academic excellence through a vigorous faith-based integrated curriculum, while developing a life-long passion for learning.
- Students will ACT as independent learners in a responsible, compassionate manner with the intention of serving humanity through positive contributions to the local and global community.
- Students will BECOME God-conciseness individuals by building their moral character, practicing self-discipline, and communicating respectfully and effectively.
- Students will ACHIEVE a holistic understanding of themselves by deepening their understanding of their Nurturer, the Quran, and the Ahlul-Bait.
SABA Academy opened its doors to the San Francisco Bay Area community in August of 2010. We are a community-based non-profit school. Students nurture and develop their natural desire to gain knowledge. We believe in the empowerment of all stake holders in the education of our children.
R.I.S.E Academy has a Toddler and Pre-School program, Elementary, Middle School, and High School program until Grade 12.
We believe R.I.S.E. Academy provides certain unique advantages over other educational experiences:
Superb Curriculum for Math, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies approved by Santa Clara County and the State of California.
Art, Physical Education, Life Skills, Foreign Languages, and Computer Sciences classes.
Low student to teacher ratio with personal attention for each child.
Academic Subjects are defined as the following: language arts, mathematics, science and social studies. Enrichment Classes are defined as physical education, foreign languages, art and computer.
At R.I.S.E. Academy we want our students to be proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking of the English language. After reviewing many textbooks, speaking with other private schools, reviewing what highly ranked public schools choose, and speaking with professional teachers, the Education Committee chose the Houghton Mifflin series which follows the California State Framework. From the basic sounds and shapes of the letters of the alphabet to the recognition of words, and the completion of short novels and more complex examples of readings, the Houghton Mifflin series incorporates a whole-language program.
The Education Committee chose the Saxon math program not only because it follows the California State Frameworks, and is recognized by schools across the nation as one of the best programs for the teaching of mathematics, but because it presents math in a manner that is more successful in its approach than many other similar programs. This has been confirmed by many private schools in the local Bay Area, as well as being used by private schools across the country.
The Houghton Mifflin Discovery Works California program has been adopted by many schools across the state for the presentation of science for grades Kindergarten to 5th. From a focus on life, physical and earth sciences, to the importance of the earth’s ecology, this series has been highly recognized as introducing students to the basic terminology, concepts, and the scientific methods that will help them succeed in upper grades.
The Education Committee recommends presentation of the social sciences. Topics covered are neighborhood/communities, history, geography, California government, map reading, understanding tables and charts, basics of economics, and social and political systems.
Our future plans include to expand our structure with a gym and enhance our High School curriculum. We also want to make our Islamic Lessons more integrated and interactive for our students and have a Character Curriculum for students and staff.
Every school has challenges and ours is no exception. These range from financial challenges to everyday challenges of keeping our children engaged and excited to learn!